Goose Egg Mt.

kevbone

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone again for all the beta. I am sure no matter we will get some great climbing in.

From Vancouver which way is quicker? North and over and east and then north through Yakima?

From the Couv, the fastest route to GE is north up I-5 towards Chehalis, take Exit 68 (just before Chehalis) onto US-12 heading east. Go through Packwood and up to White Pass. Once at the top of the pass, the South Tieton Loop Road turnoff (the second one, not the first one) is about 15 miles on the east side of the Shite Pass summit. Turn right onto STL Road and within a mile you are at the trailhead. You never get to Crackima by the aforementioned route. Shit, you never even get to Snaches...

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best place to camp? We are planning on being in the area for 5 nights (sweet!) in mid May. Is there a centralized place near most of the climbing? Thanks!

Keep in mind we will be hitting up all the area has to offer.

There's all sorts of camping everywhere around Rimrock Lake and the access road (right next to Goose Egg), hard to say which spots will be occupied, just poke around, I'd recommend looking for something that'll have a nice view and sunshine, it's a pretty place.

Also.... Lots of nice camping up either the Wildcat or Lava Point access roads, or at the Cave parking or on the other side of the Tieton River (take the dirt road between the two bridges near the Oasis, then head down to the river) if you plan on climbing in the Canyon proper.

Ah, I'd add the usual warnings not to go there at all in May (or ever) due to ticks, snakes and weird people living in creepy trailers down by the river..........

Edited by Coldfinger