BD Skylounge Double Portaledge

Dave7

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have experience with this ledge but, given you're shaving ounces on a wall, I'd listen to the review posted here. This just looks like more ledge than many may need. Of course if you're hanging out putting up a new route for weeks perhaps it's worth it. I've used the old A5 double and it was plenty of comfort given the time/weight factors. Given the option though I'd still look for a natural ledge and leave the weight behind.

Getting a good deal on a purchase like this is sweet. I'd just make sure you're not paying for that decision in sweat down the road.

Just my 2 cents.

SH

Purchased a skylounge when they first came out. Sometime during the first season some how managed to bend the bolts in the corners...? Send it back to BD and they replace the entire thing (not just the bolts) which was rad on their part.

Overall the ledge can be way faster or way slower than setting up the Cabana... it mostly depending on you. Some ample practice (free hanging, on a slab, in the dark, etc etc) should ensure you dont epic

Footprint wise they are roughly the same dimensions as an I tent (in fact an I tent will fit on the ledge) so if an I tent is too small for you I would consider a larger ledge. Shoot me a PM if you have other questions