Erie/Gator/bolts chopped?

bwwakaranai

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF! You bitched with extra mean swear words about some jackass chopping your new bolts got everyone feeling bad and upset and now you are deleting your words? WTF!!!?

Own up with the full story or I might have to quote some rude sheep sex thing and claim it's your first post! LOL! :lmao:

LOL...it's alright. I had a vision of this.

guinea-pig-semmys.jpg

Still a pisser. Who takes a single hanger off of a bolt? I once bought a bunch of 3/8 hangers off E-bay trying to save a buck. Then later I thought about that, and Ken Nichols (or how anyone might get used hangers) and figured that I'd never buy a used hanger again unless I knew the history. Yours may show up on ebay. I suppose that's true of all gear one buys used.

I once had someone take a single chain off of a 2 chain anchor...left me scratching my head wondering the same thing. Why just one? Take both cause you are a thief or you are just pissed that there is an anchor there and want it gone, I'd understand both - but just one? WT heck is that all about. I went back, replaced the 1 missing chain, torqued it down and slathered that plumbing epoxy stuff all over the tops of the so that a wrench won't fit anywhere on it. They have been left alone for quite some time now. The other thing I have taken too doing, although it has recently failed me on a set of stainless Fixe chains in the local shithole area and got ripped off, is red (permanent) loctite. I suspect that failed cause I sometimes buy the cheap stuff, not real loctite, and occasionally it's past it's shelf life and no good.

I'm taken to getting real stuff at a high traffic location, like Builder Square has it in paint section.

BTW, my kids grew up but I still seem to be in giving advice mode. I had one partner, who at one point was less experience than me but then climbed his ass off and got much better all over the place doing big walls and all kinds of things, get all pissy cause I was suggested more than once that he pro a 5.9 hand crack. Dude just ignored me so I repeated myself...cough* twice*. He was 20 feet directly above me on a hanging belay with no pieces in. I thought he hadn't heard me while he thought if he ignored me I'd STFU. Once we got up on the next ledge and he calmed down enough he gave me a piece of his mind.... :blush: Didn't mean to piss off a good dude, but I did. So if anyone doesn't want to hear it, I'll stfu.

Good luck!

Cheese and wine...mmmmmmmm

cheesewine.jpg

Its funny how somthing like that can get your ears smoking. Pretty silly really when you look at the big picture isnt it...? That is really odd to steal a single chain though. Amazing what some will do to try to make 5 bucks. I think I'll start putting some glue on the threads like your saying. Might at least frustrate thieves a little. Totally agree with the ebay/used gear thing. Ive bought a few bolt hangers and even cams in the past but when you get your own shit snatched it gets you thinking about what your buying online.