lend a ledge?

keenwesh

Mark and I climbed the first two pitches of the green dragon today. I'd love to go back and complete it but we're both so slow it would take us at least a day and a half to make it to the top. Are there any kind soul(s) out there with a ledge willing to lend it/them out? payment in beer.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or climb Town Crier and sleep on Stoner Ledge (I think that's the name). It's off to the right a little bit up the easy part of pitch 3 (before the mini-pendulum). There are some bolts and a memorial plaque. It's a bit sloping but not to hard to sleep two on. I broke it into two days that way once.

Or fix a couple pitches and sleep on the ledge at the top of P1 if you want to feel "up there" more.

'Smoke Out' is the lower and smaller. 'Big Honker' is the upper, larger, sloping ledge. I "slept" on Big Honker just for the hell of it. More like "dozed fitfully".

I have a ledge I built that I slept on (just for the hell of it) part way up Dana's Arch, that also survived a big flake pulled off Uncle Ben's at Squamish that punched a hole through the fabric (since repaired.)

DanasArch.jpg

(Mine is the upper)

You can borrow it if you want the big wall experience.