[TR] Ingalls Peak - South Ridge 11/3/2010

TyClimber

Trip: Ingalls Peak - South Ridge

Date: 11/3/2010

Trip Report:

Usually I wouldn't post a TR for something like the South Ridge of Ingalls, but I figure it could function as a good conditions update for people. TobiasT and I took advantage of the nice weather and got out for a killer day in the hills.

It didn't look promising from the trailhead, but once we got to Ingalls pass and got a view of the route we were glad we'd made the trip. It was a bit of a slog across the basin but snowshoes made it tolerable. We did have to ditch them eventually as it got just a little too steep and bouldery. At that point we only had to endure about 5-700ft of post holing up to the route itself.

As for the route. We were able to kick steps in a gully a little to the left of the first pitch. After that it was bone dry and cruisy for the next two pitches. Kind of felt like we were getting away with something rock climbing in the sun surrounded by a fairly winteresque landscape.

Tobis sent me some photos, but I don't know how to transfer them from my messages to a post. Maybe if he checks this out he can re post them...

So the steps are kicked, somebody get on it before the weather shuts it down!

Gear Notes:

The basics

Approach Notes:

Snowshoes

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic