Skiing all Colorado's fourteeners

philfort

I think he was trying to get his a-- sponsored, and push his soon to be written book/articles/slide shows. I'ts the "Return of Great American Adventure"-what a hoser!!

At the same time, I don't fault him for having that goal for HIMSELF, and not make it all big puffery-if he was doing it for a charitable cause and was going to raise funds for "Climbers without Egos" twelve step programs or something

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say big deal. Some one out here climbed (hiked) all 54 in something like 10 days. Another guy skied every day for 365 days. If this guy skied all 54 in 10 days I would be impressed. Keep in mind that you can not compare a Colorado fourteener to Rainier. You start from a lot higher elevation - 9000 to 10000 feet usually - and walk up a trail.

Check out:

http://www.couloirmag.com/articles/news/crossen.asp

Does anyone else think this is a bit lame? They've already all been skied by one person. This guy is trying to do it in one season. He says "No one has accomplished this feat; it is one of the last remaining ski epics in America."

and"Skiing all 54 peaks in a single season has never been accomplished, nor even attempted. This Quest is an unprecedented return to adventure within the heart of the United States' wilderness"

All the peaks in one season. So f***ing what?I mean, it would be an impressive effort, but when you start saying things like "last remaining ski epics in America", you start to sound like a dork.