Dookie at Bivies and on Portaledges!

Groundfall_Crater

One time 9 pitches up on El Caps Zodiac with my partner Jimi from Venezuela we had some British dude 4 pitches up toss his shit down and nail our portaledge. Good thing nobody was on lead at the time as we were setting up our bivy! What a fucking mess and it almost made me puke on the spot!

The guy that tossed it immediately realized his mistake and shouted his "sincere apology" as if it were to settle our anger somehow. He even offered food and beer. I yelled up how we were going to brutalize him at the summit!

The ledge smelled for the rest of the climb and we ended up passing the two boneheads on the route as the culprit was extremely apologetic knowing full well that our ledge had been hit.

We topped out the 4th day and then waited for the crew of Brits to finish their climb as they were 2 pitches below. They knew the fate that awaited them at the top. I think they were scared we might toss them off the wall or something. This thought crossed our minds.

When Ian followed the final pitch he reached his summit without glory or happiness. I gave him some time to reorganize his gear as he anticipated his beating.

He approached with his "please don't kill me" face apologizing for the thousandth time in the past 2 days. I immediately gut punched him and kicked him in the nuts in full force! Yeah payback is a mother fucker I thought with glee. Dude was bent over for at least 45 minutes as I kicked dirt in his face. Jimi and I left the balling Ian on the ground in disgust as he was crying out that he might suffer sterilization. I felt no pity on his pain.

Back at Sunnyside we sold our tainted ledge to a group of Autrians for a nice bag and 200$.

Anyone else have any cool stories out there to match?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago on Lurking Fear, my partner was almost killed by a full 2L water bottle that missed his head by 3'. It had free-fallen at least 500' after being dropped without warning by a couple of Calgarians who were a day ahead of us on the route. Those goofballs also ditched their gigundous homemade portaledge on Thanksgiving ledge (I wonder if it's still there?). We never did catch up to them or see them again.

hmmm, lets think here. pitch 9 would be the top of the grey circle just before the nipple pitch(a fairly overhanging one). next is the mark of zorro(double roofs). pretty much impossible to throw something off from above and hit the 9th belay. then lets see-they were 4 pitches ahead of you, putting them on peanut ledge at the top of pitch 13, 3 pitches from the top. you somehow climbed all these pitches passed them and and then waited on top for them as they were two pitches down. this would mean you did some of the harder climbing on the route and passed them in the time it took them to go 1 pitch(pitch 14, one of the easiest on the route). highly unlikely dude, especially if it took 4 days to do the route. one more flaw, you called the campground sunnyside, everyone knows it's called camp 4. try to make it believable next time. lates.