Running Groups?

jblakley

Anyone interested in going for after work training runs? Either road or trail. Looking to get a group together that is interested in training semi-seriously. I seem to improve most quickly when I have people push the pace. I live on the eastside so that would be preferable since I am not driving right now. Would love for some of you really fast Mo Fo's to show up and set the bar high for us slugs. :-)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't mind moving from slug to roach speed myself. My wife can probably most guys, certainly myself, and at least be comfortable setting the pace and making sure we wouldn't over train. Weekends are probably better for us as she has the joys of Army training every day and wouldn't be up for evening runs too I would guess. We too live on the east side for now. We're up for bike rides too.

gev

Just funnin a bit on that one. Different for everybody of course. Really just want to get people interested in group training since I think that really helps. It seems like when I run with someone closely matched with my pace we both end up running a little faster. That's the idea anyway. Even if a few people got together and it was a more relaxed pace that would be cool also.

Mike

I think the strategy here is to treat each 1/16th of a mile like it's the only one. Then you simply string them together and before you know it you've ran an entire marathon at a 5:30 pace. It's just that easy. Perhaps you've seen my half hour infommercial "Chicks really dig running geeks"

I'm interested in joining a running group though I'm nowhere near running a marathon doing 5:30 miles. If that's what you two are doing then I think I'll keep running by myself. I'm closer to 8:00 miles. Is this too slow for you?

That's fine guys. What days work best for everyone?

For the record: No I'm nowhere near doing a 5:30 pace marathon either. Actually finishing the marathon would be quite a goal presently.

[This message has been edited by jblakley (edited 08-09-2001).]