• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
telemarker

[TR] Mt. Cashmere Ski-around - 1/9/2010

Trip: Mt. Cashmere Ski-around -

Date: 1/9/2010

Trip Report:

How about a little breather from the banner ice season to honor a little ski touring, eh? Mt. Cashmere style. Not a bad day out there. Long day but well worth it. I reached across the isle this time, and toured with a split-boarder. I'm an equal opportunity ski tourer. In short, we started up 8 Mile Rd., 8 Mile Trail, South Slopes of Cashmere, and descended Dr. Creek to Icicle Rd., then kick 'n glide back to the car. I tried to get quality shots of frozen Colchuck Lk., but was too distracted...

But enough talking...Let's just look at der fotos, shall we?

5 Mile's own Alecapone. Tough as nails. The first split-boarder from Detroit.

cash3.jpg

Below Cashmere's true summit.

cash5.jpg

cash4.jpg

cash1.jpg

cash7.jpg

cash9.jpg

cash2.jpg

cash10.jpg

I love Grindstone Mtn!

cash11.jpg

Long Rd. Out

cash12.jpg

Edited by telemarker

dammit, John, you just don't seem to get that skis are just to get you to and from the ICE!!! (seriously, way to get after it!!! wish I could keep up with you...)

Cool! I've always wanted to ski up or around Cashmere. How is the snow pack over there? The west slopes are basically white concrete at the moment. I need to find some place to go Thursday and I'd like to avoid said concrete if possible.

Josh, I think with the new snow due tonight and tomorrow, the conditions should be decent. But down low it was still pretty bony.

Well, I was the one to say it's time to see what I'm made of...which wasn't that much considering who broke trail 90% of the way. Still an awesome tour on a split, even with the few annoyances on the way down.

Thanks for the great lead, and photos!

cashmere_036.jpgcashmere_030.jpgcashmere_048.jpg

Now I am going to have to properly rep the 313 and the D and get on 8 mile.