• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Silentpartner

Bouldering in Mazatlan?

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Cascades and I don't see any appropriate boards to post it on, but what the Hell. In February I will be spending a week in Mazatlan, Mexico with my girlfriend and her family. I'm not one to sit and stare at the waves for too long, unless mandated by a tequila induced haze, sooooo... anyone know if there is a place to sneak off and do a little bouldering in that part of the world? It won't be the first time I've packed shoes and a chalk bag for a destination that may have no climbing anywhere close, but better to be prepared. How about just a boulder shaped structure to climb on top of and pursue a tequila induced haze?

Two suggestions

1) try and find a webcam with views of Mazatlan

2) look at the pictures in the tourist brochures of Mazatlan either in the travel agents office or online

If you see rock in either there is probably bouldering.

If not you can always climb on the buildings! Send a trip report to www.buildering.net if you do. grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Silentpartner:
It won't be the first time I've packed shoes and a chalk bag for a destination that may have no climbing anywhere close, but better to be prepared.

You might have some trouble packing your chalk bag.

Screw the bouldering, dude. Pacifico is brewed in Mazatlan and the fishing there is GREAT! And you've got your lady with you? Do I need to draw pictures? I think you'll have plenty to do.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt:

You might have some trouble packing your chalk bag.

Put it in with some box-cutters for the flight down and no one will worry wink.gif" border="0