family friendly partners

clee03m

Hi,

I am 27 weeks pregnant and starting to think about climbing after the baby is born. Ideally I would like experienced climbers in the Seattle/Tacoma area for outside who would be OK with having the baby along. As my kid would be too young to climb, I think I am looking for partners who would be climbing and not necessarily belaying little children for the majority of the time. This would work out best, I think, if you also have babies/young kids.

I have been climbing for about 7 years, could climb 10s trad and 11s sport before getting pregnant. I have gear.

I would like to meet up at a gym and get to know each other as to not waste time when spring comes with introductions.

I check my email more often: clee03m@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Christine

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea Christine. I have a 2.5 year old and my wife and I would love to connect with other families for rock climbing and hiking. We live in Vancouver, Canada, and love to do road trips (think Smith, J-Tree, 11-worth, Red Rocks etc.). My wife doesn't climb so much anymore but still enjoys camping and hiking. We have taken our son with us cragging and on hikes, but without the right partners, it can be hard to get some good climbing in and make sure the kids are safe and happy.

PM me if interested.

• 1 year later...

Thought I would resurrect this thread. Our little one is now 17 months old, up and walking, is starting to emerge from the "everything I find goes in my mouth" stage, and best of all loves to be outside :) So I'm thinking it might be a good time to start trying some easy local cragging with the little one tow.

I was thinking of areas with some room for the little one and the pup to run in, with a some moderate climbing. Would also like to give Mrs Selkirk a chance to get back on the rock, so having some easy climbs would be good (5.7 or easier?) A few areas came to mind:

-E38, Gritscone, or along the Iron Horse trail

-E32, British Isles - Repo 1.

-Index, The Country, GNS area, Toxic Shock area.

Would also be interested in trying an L-worth camping trip with a little cragging.

If anyone is interested drop me line :wave:

p.s. If anyone has any good suggestions for fostering naps out in the wild, I'd love to hear them!

is starting to emerge from the "everything I find goes in my mouth" stage,

You mean this stage?

atc_teething_ring.JPG

p.s. If anyone has any good suggestions for fostering naps out in the wild, I'd love to hear them!

Like this:

P6010029s.JPG

My guy is 4 now and my wife and I are also looking for family friendly partners...definately easier to manage the kids with 4 people than with two. We are in Vancouver, so if you want to come up to Squamish, that would be great. We are also open to travel: L-Worth, Smith etc.

I have a couple of 5 yr. old granddaughters and a 2 yr. old that like to go rock climbing with Grandpa. The 5 year olds are just getting comfortable being lowered on the rope. I live in Wenatchee, anyone heading for Leavenworth with kids I'd be happy to meet up with. PM me. Dave A.

Bouldering is also a pretty family friendly activity, we've had several family trips to leavenworth & squamish to boulder. The kids have more fun, and it's easier to keep them entertained.

Forestland at Leavenworth, and everything at the chief is super good.