Looking for reliable partner. (Sport Rock)

DogsBestFriend

Hi all,

I'm looking for a reliable partner to climb with, for sport and or trad. (I have only a sport rack at the moment)

I've been climbing for about 2 years now and can comfortably lead 5.10a...that was last year, sadly this season I had no one to climb with, either moved away or just couldn't find time to match each others schedules.

I'm a little rusty, but wouldn't take much to get back into game. I'm willing to travel, but would like to climb in vantage area since it's closest, I'm okay with Leavenworth also. I'd like to get into trad climbing eventually, but I'm not sure I'd want to invest in the gear until I try it out on some moderate rock.

If anyone wishes to contact me, please e-mail me: chris24eph at gmail dot com.

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're living east side (you said Vantage was closest) there's a pretty active community in the Wenatchee-Leavenworth corridor. We had a bunch out at Vantage today ranging from retired AMGA guides in their 60s to two 16-year-olds (the next generation). You're more than welcome to join us...

Monty,

How often does this group head out? I'd like to go out as often as possible...is there a contact list?

To me it seems intrusive to just show up and expect the group to welcome a person, unless expected. Any info appreciated on contacts or time and dates. I get every weekend off and can sometimes swing a friday here and there.

Of the large, loose group I've mentioned, there's a bunch out on average about twice per week; pretty much every weekend, plus a day midweek. I can add your email to our circulation. It's pretty informal - usually somebody sends out a mass email to the effect of "anybody up for (fill in the blank) on (blank)day?" and somebody responds and they agree on a time/place to meet. As winter gets more serious, we tend to split into skiers and ice-climbers, and communication remains constant. So, just to confirm, your email is chris24eph@gmail.com? Your post leaves me wondering whether I have to type "dot" as part of your address...

Go ahead and add me to that e-mail. I'm eager to get out every weekend again.

I type my e-mail as that, so that in case the e-mail gets leaked. It's not in normal format for spammers to come in and snag a quick address so to fill up my inbox with trash. But yes, that's my e-mail address...lol. I know call me paranoid.