• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
kevbone

Beacon

5/7/18 - helped put a tad of that lad affectionately known as krazy-ken'z mortal remains into the ground today out at the beacon-wand - beautiful day, a bit breezy but cloudy and warm -  a crowd of kith and kin by the dock - jim n' sal n' me n' for a bit dave representing the beatard community our fallen brother came from - beers and bullshiting by the rushing waters, the dock all drowned - good times n' guffawing - ken had an ample crew, and i doubt my passing will be equally celebrated - a brief walk and then a big crowd of us were crawling up the trail - those of us who were able spread ashes in the duck blind, then atop the top of the se corner - grey my hands and such is that which is left behind when the person is gone - giddy w/ drink n' good feelings we gamboled on up to the summit and then back down - may all of us meet such a marvelous end, measured in abundance by family and friend :)

wise sir do not grieve

it is always better to avenge dear ones

than to indulge in mourning

for every one of us living in this world

means waiting for our end

let he who can achieve glory before death

when a warrior is gone

that will be his best and only bulwark

• Like 2

Ivan, I can not begin to thank you enough for taking some of Ken to be in one if his beloved climbing spots for all eternity!  So sorry I  didn't get to hear your beautiful words prior to setting him free...perhaps I  can send a bit more of Ken to another favorite spot of his and we can get a recording then.   Scott and Craig said it was so beautiful it brought tears to their eyes! It was a beautiful day and I have no doubt that Ken felt the love from all...I  know the kids and I sure did!  <3. If you ever want to give me a heads up when you may be heading to Index, Smith Rocks or Yosemite,  maybe I could impose on you again?  My email is gszumwalt@gmail.com or phone (360)907-9874. Thank you to all the climbers that joined us yesterday, and to all that may take a moment to think of Ken when they are passing over him on the rock from here on out...

was very happy to and hope i can get something half as nice when my time comes :)

will let you know anytime i'm bound for one of those places - been too long since i've been in yosemite and it'd be good to have an extra reason to return...

Thank you, Ivan! Just think Ken would be far more apprecitive of being placed up on the rock he loved rather than on the ground, which is about as high as I go! Be looking forward to hearing from you anytime...I live in Hazel Dell so easy enough for us to meet up whenever you say...the kids and I may even want to hike along, if possible, perhaps!