• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
NoahT

Embed video from facebook

Can you embed video from facebook in a post here on cc.com?

I know how to get the embed code from facebook, and have been embeding videos to blogger.com. Curious about doing it here.

Thx--N

I hadn't heard of a lot of people doing that, but if there are people out there that want to use facebook video to embed here, I can make it happen.

Hi Jake--

Might be a good option for the future (or present). Facebook is nifty because they let you upload videos up to 20 min long (vs youtube's 10 min max) and up to 1GB ( which is less than youtube's 2GB max).

I've found it easy to put together vids over 10 min long, but compress them to less than 1GB. I think youtube's 10 min/2GB may be set with HD vids in mind--not something I've done.

Something to think about!

Cheers,

noaht

Cool...good to know. I'll add it in when i get a moment and drop you a note if there is some video you want to share from there.

heh sorry i was not clear. it is possible right now. click on the icon in a post window...to the right of the camera icon (the same for posting a youtube or other video).

i added this feature. you can see my faceboo video above, and i used this functionality to add it.

Hey there! You only need to put in the code after "...video.php?v=".

something does appear to be not working here! it might be how Facebook sizes the video...i'll do some checking.