• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
CollinWoods

Marking With Tape

I was a the mounties wall today doing some evening climbing to try and stay in shape. As i went to warm up on the boulder they have there, I saw that every little hold had a piece of duct tape or black electrical tape. Even the little crack had a bunch of tape on it! The place was made to look like real rock and some one covered it with freaking tape. You are not even supposed to use white chalk there. I mean come on if you cant remember 4 or 5 moves you should probably be in school not climbing, this is a boulder route for crying out loud. I spent about 15 minutes picking tape off, did some climbing and went home. I assume it was gym climbers who put it up and i could not imagine going to climb outside and see some real granite with freaking tape on it... Marking routes with tape is stupid!!!

i've never been to the "mounties wall", but i'm guessing that it's artificial, so just get over it. i mean, why should anyone give a flying f__k?

Yeah it is artificial and yeah maybe i shouldnt care but i hate the gym climber attitude and i think that place should stay clean.

Yeah it is artificial and yeah maybe i shouldnt care but i hate the gym climber attitude and i think that place should stay clean.

:lmao:

Did they flag the approach as well? the chain link is way better then slide alder for flaging.

But have you seen the library, all the books have funny codes on them? and they are in some kind of order?

Edited by cstemley

Did they flag the approach as well? the chain link is why better then slide alder for flaging

I cant believe they have bolts on the crack routes haha.

Maybe i shouldnt have posted this. It just sorta made me wonder...

Edited by CollinWoods