Missing Hiker

tazz

Hey folks. I figured I would post this here. Crappy weekend to get out and climb but if ya are look for this car at your TH if you are headed out. It says North Cascades so that a broad area!!!

To all,

I just took a call from Deputy Toner of the Snohomish County Sheriffs Department. He was asking for our help in looking for a missing hiker reported to be somewhere in the North Cascades (I know that's a large area, that's why I'm sending this message out to such a large group). Please share with your employees that may be out at trailheads if they are not on this mailing list or won't see this message because they are already out there.

The missing party did not let anyone know where he was going to hike. He last talked to his Dad on Sunday. He was expected to be hiking Monday through Wednesday. He has not returned and has missed two days of work, which is out of character for him. He has no history of mental illness or suicide. He supposedly is "experienced" in the woods, but is known to push himself.

Vitals:

Name: Mark Albrecht, DOB: 11/27/86, Driving a red Ford Thunderbird with Indiana License (number unknown).

If found please contact Deputy Toner at the Snohomish County Sheriffs Department.

Thanks for your help getting the word out.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Peter R. Forbes

District Ranger

Darrington Ranger District

1405 Emens Street

Darrington, WA 98241

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a call from NCNP friends late last night, spoke again this AM. The car has been found on the N fork Cascade River rd below the parking lot (road still blocked). The missing person was permitted out for two nights to Cascade Pass/Pelton Basin/Sahale Arm, and as mentioned, is well overdue. Searchers on foot are headed up this morning, the weather is currently not flyable.