When Beacon opens what....

kevbone

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are fighting a loosing battle Joe......the rock will never open all year. They will never allow climber on the south face all year with boundaries (like most other climbing areas). I am not a kiss ass.

There are no "they" and particularly no "they will never", and it isn't a "battle" - it's science and politics. If nothing else, the Peregrines will likely regain their natural range in the 2014-15 timeframe at which time the closure could probably be dropped or amended in various ways. Until then there is always the possibility they'll nest elsewhere and we'll know where; at that point the South face would open within days of such a verification. Every year is different, and whether we're talking opening early or dropping/amending the closure - nothing will happen unless climbers are actively engaged in the process. Want it closed until July 15th into perpetuity? The surest way to do that is simply do nothing and sit around whining and bitching about it. Me? It's not my deal. Whining is something you typically attempt to nip in the bud by the time a kid is eight - after that it's likely to turn into a life-long, victimal swan song.