Squamish Wed-Thurs next week?

TrangTu

Hi,

I'm looking for a partner 6/10-11, and maybe Tues 6/9 if the weather's good.

I have rope and gear and am very familiar with Squamish, follow to low 10s, and lead 7's, some 8's. Open to following or leading or both.

I'm safe and looking for the same, though must confess I don't prefer crack-of-dawn starts. Mostly, just looking for some enjoyable climbing while the weather is nice.

Trang

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be fabulous, Sherri. I'll wait to hear from you! Just so you know though, the forecast calls for 30% few showers on Mon-Tues, but dry on Wed-Thurs. That's why I posted for the latter 2 days. But last time Dave and I were up, we climbed just fine on a couple of days predicted to have 30% showers.

Thanks, Trang! Good to know about the forecast based on your experience. :tup:I'm still waiting for my Saturday partner to confirm....(I'm set for Sun/Mon). I may still head up for Sat on my own since forecast is good...but if Tues is dry I'd love to hang around a bit if you're there and available. I need to catch up on my Squamish cracks. You've got a few trips on me! :grin:

Canadug--I can give you a shout if I'm up there w/o partner for Saturday, if you like. I'll be checking my PM's tomorrow morning after I arrive tomorrow night.

Sherri, thanks, if Tues forecast looks good, I will drive up Monday and would love half a day with you if you're still there. If it doesn't look good, I'll drive up Tuesday and get some non-climbing stuff done and hope Wed and Thurs are climbable.

Canadug, thanks too. I can't climb earlier than Tues but if that day is good weather and I climb with Sherri in the AM, I'd be up for climbing with you in the afternoon if you're free.

I'll keep watching the forecast and stay in touch with both of you.

Sherri, forgot to mention too--this is your first trip up this season, right? New running trails have been put in. The 3 miler around the campground is new gravel and wider, Dave and I ran on it and it's lovely. It's part of a much longer regional trail that is being put together :)

Hey guys, myself and a few partners will be up in Squam this weekend. Were going to spend a couple days on the back side but would love to meet up with ya all. Especially if ya'll need a partner to climb with. Good luck, happy sends, and see ya up there eh!

~cheers~

Austin

p.s. TrangTu I'd love to hear more about the Dolomites. We have to meet up in Squam. Perhaps a Brew pub rendezvous?