Is the Ingalls crk Trailhead snowfree?

Bug

I am looking for a semi-snowfree hike this weekend.

I have not been up Ingalls crk before. Is the trailhead low enough to be hikable? My wife (with a new hip this winter) and I are looking for a place to hike, camp and maybe do some bouldering. If Ingalls is not a good spot right now, where else would be good over there in the land of sun? I don't want to drive all over hell and gone as I have to be back for Easter dinner at 4PM.

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been up there yet this year but I'm anxiously waiting to hear a report as well. I climbed Fortune Peak up there on June 14th of last year and ran into snow on the trail within a half mile. I'm sure the Longs Pass trail was ok but the trail up to Esmeralda Basin was solid snow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Spotly,

I believe Bug is referring to Ingalls Creek Th, which is on the north end of Blewett pass of Hwy 97, not Esmeralda TH, which is in the teeanaway. Esmeradla, is far from being acessabile (can't spell) right now, it is still closed to vehicles (except snowmobiles) as of last week.