small cams and large cams

sklag

Hey people,

I've got a few cams I was wondering about. I've got a full rack of tech friends (1-3.5) with a smattering of rigid friends (2.5-4) with some tricams (.5-2) and hexes/nuts. I need some larger cams and smaller cams. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. What I was looking at for small were ... tcu's, flex friends, small c4's or c3's; Large, tech friends and c4's.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion: larger cams I'd stay with the tech friends. Some say they work better in those sizes than camalots. I don't know, but the range you gain from using a Camelot seems negligible at the larger sizes.

Offset or regular Aliens. The Green, Yellow and Red seem to be nice sizes. You could also go with the Metolius Mastercams in those sizes as well.

I've been very pleased with my Metolius Mastercams for small cams. I have a set of #1-4, and compared to the same size TCU's they have equal or narrower head width, longer stems for reach, and triggers that are easier to manipulate with bare fingers or gloves.

Basically Metolius' version of Aliens, which are also fantastic