McClellan Peak

AlpineMonkey

I was thinking about trying to climb McClellan Peak (near Prusik Peak) this weekend if the weather is good. I have tried to climb it twice in winter now, both times coming up from the Snowlake Trail. Its a long way...What are thoughts to approaching this peak. Would going up past Colchuck Lake be just as long and time consuming?

There is a beautiful route that shoots up the E. Face. The only place that I have ever found any refference to it is in the WA Ice book. It mentions something about a rummor of a route on it or something. I don't understand why I haven't ever heard of anyone doing it. Below is a picture of the route.

100_0316.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig,

Good choice for a climb. I remember spotting that couloir a couple winters' ago from the top of Wedge. Probably easier and more direct to just go up Snow Crick trail for your approach. I would not recommend the alternate ways, Colchuck or Wedge, because they involve interminable road walking.

Are you looking to do it as a two dayer?