any idea if this has been climbed?

JoshK

A friend of mine and I scouted out a multi pitch waterfall on the back (northwest) side of rampart ridge, in the gold creek valley. After a lot of research I have not been able to find a single mention of this climb. Anybody have any more information on this? I'd be greatful for any info, thanks!

-josh

P1000967.jpg

P1000967.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You park at the Gold Creek sno-park and head up the gold creek valley for, hmm, a mile or so, then start ascending to the east side of the valley through slide paths and up steep snow. the climb itself starts maybe 500 feet above the valley floor, bordered on either side by steep forest and cliffs. There is a somewhat distinct "orange" wall on the left side of where the climb tops out.

Don and may have done the first two pitches last year, if I'm identifying your route correctly. Our route involved:

A pitch of moderate, steppy ice at the top of an avo fan, followed by a shorter WI 3 pitch. There were serious icicles to climbers right near the top of the 2nd pitch. Above that there was a longish neve ramp to some steeper ice (we didn't continue...it was less than 10 F out at the time).