alpine, ice or trad

ajosephfd

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a compatible partner interested in planning some classic ascents this coming alpine season. I might be like your partner who got married-- I'm married for 14 years and have 3 kids-- but I'm at last getting out more often, like I once did, which for me means once or twice a month. I like moving fast and covering a lot of ground in one or two days. I used to do this solo, but I've gravitated back to technical routes. I have a long list of local climbs I want to undertake, from short ones like a one day of Sloan Peak to a 4 day epic West Side of Rainier, this year. I have to work weekends at least once a month, so I don't have unlimited time and need to plan ahead. On the plus side, I'm in excellent shape and have broad backcountry experience. I'm also a doctor with emergency medicine training (haven't had to use this in the backcountry yet).If this sounds good to you, send me a reply.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Norman Clyde ]

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: Norman Clyde ]

• 1 month later...

My current partner's desire for alpine climbing is fading fast as his interests are becoming more career oriented. Like Norman Clyde, I'm also looking for a compatable partner interested in alpine, trad, ice, etc. I am, however, 40 something and probably a bit slower than Norman Clyde and with less ambitious alpine goals. When in shape, I'm comfotable moving fast over semi technical terrain and I enjoy busting my balls on long routes.

I have a fair number of Expeditions under my belt (Alaska, St. Elias Range, Nepal) and I'm quite familiar with the North Cascades. I am not a doctor (chemist), I am married and have a 6 year old daughter (which tempers my "go for it" attitude at times).

I've blathered on long enough. If you're interested in scheduling an alpine route or two this summer in the N. Cascades, please let me know. Perhaps we can work something out.

I am also looking for climbing partner(s). Recently transplanted from Alaska to Albany, OR (HELP).

I am married with a 14 month old (which limits my availability a bit and tempers my ambitions in the hills somewhat).

I am just looking to get out and climb anything. I have managed to get up Hood and Three Finger Jack and I have a bit of climbing experience from Alaska (Denali, Mt. Hayes, ice, trad). I am still relatively new to the sport and don't mind being a belay beotch, or long slogs, or short easy climbs, whatever - anything to get me out of the house.

Can get out most Thur, Fri and Sat. Let me know. Classic alpine climbs this spring/summer would be great, as would ice this winter.

Ah, Alex, not sure if your Alaska comments are directed my way or not. I visited your web-site and I'm very impressed. I certainly can't compete with climbing skills and accomplishments.

However, I am kind of proud of my accomplishments in the Alaska Range as well as the St. Elias Range and Himalaya. My experience spans over a couple of decades and, admittely, I'm not as fast or as motivated as years gone by.

But to put it in term that Caveman might understand - I'm middle aged and I still get up shit!

Wow, someone else in Vancouver, send me a message and let's chat. No, that wasn't me in the health club. I've never joined a club as I prefer to get my exercise outdoors. I've thought about joining the new "Y" because they have some good programs for my daughter, and the rock wall looks pretty cool (except for the over-weight belayers yelling out beta, makes for a good laugh).