• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Caveman

Want to climb this weekend Boston Basin

Did sharkfin last weekend. The ridge is easy and fun (5.0). We toproped the face route(5.10). You can be lowered down and then climb both pitches as one with a 50 meter rope. Somebody chopped the bolts on the face route????!

The fear, the horror!! We may be just one Forbidden Peak between us! (I have no clue at this point if we're headed up Adams or Forbidden)

Glad to see somebody's dropped you a line. I'll try not to drop any gear if you're below. Well, I sure won't drop any "gear".

-Gary wink.gif

I hear those bolts are the type that are screw in\removable ones........They are an uncommon type of

bolt that screws into a threaded insert that is left in the rock.

I would love to go, but not into climbing in the rain, as that's the forecast for wknd...hmmm

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

I hear those bolts are the type that are screw in\removable ones........They are an uncommon type of

bolt that screws into a threaded insert that is left in the rock.

There are two of those up on El Cap's Sheild route. Sport aid clibing anyone? Takes the A4 out of aid climing, oh and Alien offsets take the A3 out of aid climbing!!!!!!!!!!!!