Most overrated bands

kevbone

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC/DC.. always the same thing, guitar starts, drums do a very slightly modified rock-beat.. annoying singer starts screeching in a way too high voice.

I agree to a point. Singer Brian Johnson's voice is fingernails on a slateboard in the way that GNR's Axl Rose's voice is. But AC/DC sounded great on their 1978 album Powerage, when they were fronted by Bon Scott. Unfortunately, Scott died of alcohol poisoning in 1980, and they made the mistake of thinking they could replace him with Johnson. Wrong.

AC/DC.. always the same thing, guitar starts, drums do a very slightly modified rock-beat.. annoying singer starts screeching in a way too high voice.

I agree to a point. Singer Brian Johnson's voice is fingernails on a slateboard in the way that GNR's Axl Rose's voice is. But AC/DC sounded great on their 1978 album Powerage, when they were fronted by Bon Scott. Unfortunately, Scott died of alcohol poisoning in 1980, and they made the mistake of thinking they could replace him with Johnson. Wrong.

I so disagree. Bon Scott was a terrible singer. There music did not get good until Back and Black came out.....that album pretty much defines Rock n Roll as we know it today.

Rush. Geddy Lee croaking out "Fly by night!" Yuck. The other two guys in that band were pretty good. You'd think they'd have been able to find a decent singing bass player. The Police did.

nice troll. what about all of Rush's instrumentals where Geddy does not sing?