Raise Your Glasses for the End of Prohibition

dt_3pin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time of year and you're drinking those?

yes, but not as much as the darker stuff.

Me, I'm pouring Laphroaig 10, Finlaggan Old Reserve, Macallan 10, and Balvenie Double Wood 12, and some big Cali cabs (I'm on a diet, you see).

L10 is a bit harsh - the 15 is much improved. Personally I am enjoying Highland Park 15... an Island but not an Islay.

Also, I have been enjoying drams of MacAllan 12 and the Balvenie Double Wood 12 (very nice).

This time of year and you're drinking those?

yes, but not as much as the darker stuff.

This is the time of year that I drink the most of the dark stuff. Porters, stouts, doppelbocks, browns, etc. Gots to put on my winter fat for the upcoming hibernation, ya know... I'm into my second Black Butte Porter of the evening just now. :brew:

And I'll drink big cabs any time of year...

Hay SOBO, what do you think of GENNIS?

I don't like it much - it tastes "flat" (no carbonation)

I don't drink beer for its carbonation. That's what sody-pop is for.

And I've probably drunk more flat beer in my life than most men alive... :laf:

For some reason, I now have this image of you going around and drinking the partially consumed cups of beer in the morning after a big party...

Hay SOBO, what do you think of GENNIS?

I don't like it much - it tastes "flat" (no carbonation)

For some reason, I now have this image of you going around and drinking the partially consumed cups of beer in the morning after a big party...

I'm a slow drinker,so my beer gets warm and flat! But in Europe their taps aren't as cold as in the U.S.,hell i've had ice form in mugs of tap around here! Some beers taste rank when warm,but not the suger beers! IMO

You are not very far off the mark. And I've managed to spit out all but a few cigarette butts... :sick:

You are not very far off the mark. And I've managed to spit out all but a few cigarette butts... :sick:

After reading about the "Horrible Inn" i cant stop thinking of you spitting out a few butts that aren't flavor soaked to ripe'ness yet,or maybe being only the second person in the history of that dive to be thrown out,too much!!!

Great book! Norm