[TR] Mt Adams - North Ridge (attempt) 11/9/2008

rangerskye

Trip: Mt Adams - North Ridge (attempt)

Date: 11/9/2008

Trip Report:

Quick report -- I and friend Ben attempted the North Ridge on Adams. We got to the trailhead 11/8 night, hiked out early 11/9 morning. Trail was good though it was raining. Rain turned to snow around High Camp (6900'). Visibility went way down. We hiked up along the snowfields and eventually caught a glimpse of the North Ridge, but visibility was so poor and chance of further weather deterioration was high, so we turned around. We should have listened to the forecast...

Gear Notes:

Didnt end up using crampons and axes, since we didn't get on the ridge.

Approach Notes:

Roads were in perfect condition. Killen Creek Trail was in great shape.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad about the weather

did you see a lot of snow up there in your short glimpse?

********************************************************************************************************************* anyone know:

the FR levels with this last storm were mostly around 9k? but it was apparently still precipitating after cold air moved in, I wonder if all the access roads are still clear of snow? also there must be a buttload of new snow up high.?

Edited by danhelmstadter

south climb road to Cold Springs TH is still open,but camp crew is done,snow was down to 4,000ft.on 11-5-08 but rained all week freeze levels at 9,000-11,000ft. as of 11-13-08 Call Trout Lake Ranger Station 1-509-395-3400 days for update.

Edited by pc313

yes, a 046 or a 73 husky would be sick, i've a few years work experience with em. I've been wanting to get one just for carving funky aliens, bears, buddas etc... the last sculpture i made was a octopus out of a stup with roots exposed. i really should get one, esp. since my vehicle is a 2wd beater that can't handle knarly detours etc...

i posted a tr on turnsallyear.