GRIM!!!

dmuja

While people argue about who and what is to blame, while they play politics, while they wallow in their righteous anger at "those responsible" and scream for "heads to roll" etc.. there is something very real about to hit home maybe for most of you reading this..

GET READY FOR LAYOFFS!

"Unless a sharp uptick in confidence sweeps through the markets, higher rates will cascade across less-solid companies, if they can get hold of cash at all.

The scary part is that few companies have the same financial cushion as GE. And as their borrowing costs increase, they will have to scramble to cut their fixed costs.

And what is the No.1 cost of business? People."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talkin about the largest 1 day drop in the stock market here? Apple dropped 22 bucks a share today....17.92% of the company valuation per the stock market disappeared .....wow!

You all gonna give up on the internet? Cause that would make sense, that kind of drop. That and android.

Anyway, 6.92% drop for the Dow today and larger for the S and P and Nasdaq. Not the largest percentage, but huge. Most of you folks got your wish and the 700 billion rescue package was (temporarily) rejected. Congrats. Probably don't mean squat in the grand scheme of things......

Take care all

Bill

To a long time short seller of stocks like myself, the pile driver that happened today was heady stuff. If last week was nirvana , this week maybe I'll get my 72 virgins.

The house of cards that all the bullshit has keep aloft for so long is finally collapsing under the weight of the all the chickens coming home to roost.

The sooner the government tackles the real problems instead of dicking around trying to police the world and acting as if the deficit, debt and 24/7/365 dollaro printing doesn't matter, the sooner you can get back on track. If getting back on track is still an option. As long as special interest lobby groups and the military-industrial complex pull the strings of the puppets in office, the downward spiral will accelerate.

Some have poo poo'd my previous doom and gloom.I've been taking action since I saw that CROX, the company making those gay clogs was worth twice what GE stock was back a year ago.

Me, I'm riding this down wave until there isn't any more to get and loving every minute of it until they outlaw short selling and selling of any stocks.

In the immortal words of your current leader, "Bring it on".