Just a friendly reminder

Wakaranai

Trust no one.

Today- went to do some craggin and cleaning at Cumberland, a place where Im always a little weary about leaving stuff in the car, so brought the personal things with me to the bottom of the rock and stashed it in the top of my pack. Ive always done this with my wallet, keys and such and never had a problem untill today when my car key, motorcycle key, house keys, along with about three or four cams, my credit cards, bank cards and drivers licence were taken. First anger set in and I wanted to strangle the first hillbilly I came across. Luckily the armed fellas who were shooting some skeet nearby were very kind and drove us all the way down to our car, thank you, saved us I dont know how many miles of walking. Anger settled down. Now the fear sets in. Gotta change the locks to the house for sure, the car? moto? DAMN! Anyways my dumb ass had to learn the hard way, dont bring all the plastic and keys at all, or just carry it with you up the climb even if your only three pitches up. This area may be more prone to theft than most crags but even places like Squamish and Index have seen their fair share of it. Trust no one. I hope that hillbilly OD's on his meth tonight.

Edited by Wakaranai

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks... Just happened to my girlfriend last year at the columns in Eugene. They nabbed her stuff and rang up 300 bucks worth of crap on one of her cards by the time she could cancel everything (within an hour). She didn't have to pay for that stuff, but she did have to buy a new cell phone and get a new drivers licence, etc. HUGE hassle.

Anyway, I agree, I hope whoever poached your stuff get's what they deserve.