Chehalis- Mystery creek

Blake

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the main/traditional access road along Chehalis lake is blocked, but I understand that you can drive northward along the West shore of HArrison Lake, then west on Mystery Creek road and eventually get to the same area (near Statlu Lake). However, I read that the Mystery creek road is drivable but recently gated because they don't want people in the area of the landslide, so I'm just trying to figure out how far the gate is from the beginning of the hiking.

Take it all with a grain of salt as I've never been there, but it looks like 10km from the main Harrison Lake Road to a junction with the old Chehalis route about halfway between Statlu Lake and Nursery Pass turnoffs, with minimal elevation change (~140m net in and 40m net out). Sounds pretty doable.

mystery_creek.jpg

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/800979#Post800979

was there yesterday big ugly gate locked, quads can get around,

gate is aroud 1 or 2 kms from the lake,

Do you know which lake they are talking about? (Chehalis, HArrison, or Statlu) and which direction from said lake?

The local Chilliwack district office and the "Teal Cedar Forest Products" phone numbers just ring and ring, with no human answer.

It's like a game of 20 questions trying to figure out where the road effectively ends at.