Cams on Air Guitar

Rummors of a brand new C4 stuck in the top of Air Guitar inspired me today to rap down and check it out, sure enough, rumors were true. What started as a get me a free cam operation, turned into me pissed off with a hammer and chissel and 45 minutes of beating the shit out of it as hard as I could, when it wouldn't come out. I thought since I was there that I might as well remove the old #2, which came out after about 4 swings of the hammer.

DSCN4088.JPG

DSCN4087.JPG

If you want eaither back, let me know, Ill mail them for beer or money.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever tried pouring water on a stuck cam in granite or basalt to make it easier to clean? It works like a charm in SE Utah sandstone but I always attributed the effectiveness to softening of the surrounding rock.

It makes sense to me that it would help everywhere as cams hold in the rock by friction and the water will reduce the friction coefficient. Was wondering if the theoretical physics work in practice?

Right on, AlpinFox. Funny how that rumor that it was Goran's persisted all this time.

AlpineMonkey, I gave that second-gen (ca. 1988) #2 Camalot to Mike G. and Lee D. when they tried to re-create Goran's accident. It's all yours--you can give me beer or money if you want. ;)

Haven't tried the water trick yet: will have to next time I get the opportunity.

Rummors of a brand new C4 stuck in the top of Air Guitar inspired me today to rap down and check it out, sure enough, rumors were true. What started as a get me a free cam operation, turned into me pissed off with a hammer and chissel and 45 minutes of beating the shit out of it as hard as I could, when it wouldn't come out. I thought since I was there that I might as well remove the old #2, which came out after about 4 swings of the hammer.

DSCN4088.JPG

DSCN4087.JPG

If you want eaither back, let me know, Ill mail them for beer or money.

A little duct tape and she's as good as new.

You can do just about anything with duct tape. :D

How did they try to re-create the accident? Drop a huge weight off the cam or something?

Goran's weight (about 220# if I remember right) in a haul bag, with the same pro he had in, as best they could re-create it. Synopsis here , original long accident thread here . An awful tragedy. RIP, Goran. :cry: