• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
scrambled_legs

vantage guidebook

Got mine at FF. I think they have an online ordering function. You can definitely order online from Second Ascent but I don't know if they have the book. Probably do, check their site.

Feathered Friends in Seattle - probably.

Edited by Crillz

Jim Yoder has been at vantage on the weekends in his RV selling "damaged" copies for cheap

I don't know why I bother with REI anymore but that's the first place I went. Not only did they not have it, it wasn't in REI's computer system. I.e., they aren't even going to order it.

Then the clerk suggested I try---get this!---World Wide Books and Maps! Like "Climber's Guide to Frenchman's Coulee" is a Lonely Planet title.

(Last winter I went to REI's boot department to ask for vapor barrier socks. The guy had never heard of such a thing.)

Thanks for the help but none of those sites have the guide available online. I guess I'll just have to get it when I'm down there.

Feathered Friends will ship stuff ordered over the phone. I've usually had them ship the same day if you call by early afternoon. They've always been happy to help when I've been in a hurry.

Actually, when I spoke to the climbing guys at the flagship store in Seattle they said they'd have it in about a month. I went across the street at that point and got it at Feathered Friends.

Honestly, scrambled_legs, your best bet might be to hit FF or Second Ascent on your way to Vantage and pick up a copy. They have plenty. And you wouldn't be going very much out of your way...

Thanks guys. Anyone know the exact title and author? I might be able to get a store here to bring it in. I want to try and get a copy beforehand to plan it out. I have a limited amount of time but if all else fails I'll stop in and talk to them.

The authors are Marlene Ford and Jim Yoder... the title is "Frenchman's Coulee -- A rock climbing guide" IIRC