Blake - "Advertently Off-Route" @ SAC 6/3

JasonG

SAC_Flyer_thing.JPG

Being a familiar face around cc.com, I hope those that live up north can pack the house for Blake's presentation on Tuesday, June 3rd. Blake will entertain us with some stories, and share pictures and topos from 4 or 5 of the new alpine routes he's been a part of over the last few years. This show should get us all psyched to find some adventure in the hills this summer!

As per usual we will have a short business meeting at 7pm, followed by Blake at 7:30. The presentation will be in Roberts Hall, Rm 41. It is T-41 on this map:

http://www.skagit.edu/images/color_mvCampus.pdf

I hope to see you there!!

-Jason

Edited by Heinrich

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last meeting I went to, we got "off route" trying to find Robert Hall. Seems like the maps they have on the signboards on campus show the hall where it used to be, not in its new location :confused: . Not sure if that was supposed to be a test of our routefinding ability, but the real robert hall is over by the theater. Jason, I couldn't get the link to work. Anyhow, looks like another great slide show.

I should stop trying to be so grammatically correct when using links. I fixed it, thanks.

For folks not familiar with the campus, I would recommend using the map on the link. I know they are doing a lot of construction around the campus, so I'm not surprised that the on-campus maps on out of date (thanks for the heads-up woodchips).

Now spread the word everyone!!! :wave:

Damn, you were so far off route in that photo, you weren't even in the Cascades!

Good luck with the show

all the best from down under.

That's what happens when you miss the obvious descent gully man... you end up in the wrong hemisphere and have to fight off parrots and aggressive penguins.

In case folks were wondering, it was a fantastic show! Many thanks to Blake for getting the SAC motivated to head to the hills. We will be taking a break for summer, but stay tuned for more programs this fall. I have a feeling there will be a few shows you don't want to miss. . . .

Cheers,

Jason