Lake Cushman

shapp

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen several routes with lead bolts, some very short routes in the 25 foot range with lead bolts that look easily top ropeable with trees on top. Sort of Dallas K. style. There also look to be some steep routes too that don't look like mounties routes either and look pretty interesting, and a few cracks.

I want to say that the short climbs on the lake side with lead bolts and trees on top are in the 5.6-5.8 range depending on where you climb. A little further down towards Staircase and on the non-lake side of the road at the base of I believe a maple tree is another in the 5.9 range. I seem to remember a couple of iffy bolts on it. There's also the plaque or memorial wall which has a mixed gear/bolts climb in the .9 to low .10 range. X-rock is just up from the main parking area by the lakeside routes and has a couple of steeper routes too. I haven't been there since the fire swept through, was it last summer? Curious to see how that affected things. But yeah, all these and then some are in the new edition of the CGOM.

I was up there last summer (after the fire) and it went through there, but didn't really adversely affect any of the climbing. Brush may start growing up more vigorously this year though. Also, watch out for poison ivy.

I remember x rock being a fun gear route.

• 2 months later...