Red Rocks Rondevous Partner Wanted

Draagun1

My partner flaked on me.Looking for 6-10 days or so.

I will be doing the clinics Sat and Sun. but can be down prior to the event or after.

I've led sport to 5.9 but have placed very little pro.

Have a beginning rack but have usually only followed.Was down in RR last November for 8 days and did 7 pitches and under.

Gym climb mid 11's but that's the gym only.

Still a novice so need a bit of guidance for RR.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey,

I'm looking for a partner for Red Rocks near that time. I was hoping to be there April 1st-15th. I'm not into the clinics, but would be willing to show up the day after if a partner was lined up. I lead sport in 5.9-5.10 range and lead moderate trad routes comfortably (5.7 range.) I have a small rack as well, but its growing. I'm most interested in doing more moderate trad stuff, but really I just want to get some climbing in. Leading, following, sport or trad, multi pitch its all good. I've never been to RR, so I don't know about the quality of the camping, but I've been told you definately need wheels. I would be great if you wanted to share the rental car costs and camp out. Anyways, I'm 29 from Alaska, climbing off and on for about 6 years. If your interested or if anyone else needs a partner in this time period give me a shout. eric

If all else fails, you could try hanging out at Panty Wall(a popular sport climbing crag), Newcastle(a toprope/sport crag), Moderate Mecca(a trad/sport crag), or Cannibal(mostly sport). All are pretty easy to locate with a guidebook, usually crowded, and you may find some folks willing to swap belays.

You may also end up connecting with some new partners thru the clinics and festival activities.

Shoot High_on_Rock a PM. He's usually down there with a pretty cool crowd and might be able to help you out finding some folks to climb with, too.

Good luck, Bro! :wave: