Gear Storage Systems

billcoe

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, for organizing all that excess rock gear that you own, it seems like it'd be better to have the daisy pockets going across horizontally instead of vertically like they are on those things in the picture.

Also, from the picture, it looks like those frame bars would make it so that you can't fold & roll up the unit like you could with Moof's california roll. It seems like the ones you pictured would be just installed in your home and not moved....and if you're looking for a stationary storage/organization unit, isn't it cheaper to just use some peg-board?

I was inspired by that system. However, as stated, I wanted horizontal. Mine was never meant as anything other than gear storage, and is not setup for rolling up like the mountain tools california roll.

Next, I put hanging loops on the top setup for 16" center to center studs so I could just punch some burly screws into the studs and hang it. Mine is in a small storage room off of the garage that is about 5' tall, and it works OK. My main problem is I need to get some metal shelves to put the rest of. It just piles up and gets in the way. I also keep breaking the light bulb in there with the back of my head. Argh...