[TR] Mt Si - Main 1/23/2008

Spencer

Trip: Mt Si - Main

Date: 1/23/2008

Trip Report:

Great training climb, I have a habit of carrying much more than I ever need and this day trip was no exception, myself and two sons ready for anything, trail starts out very straight forward at about 1.5 miles it gets a little icy at about 2.0 miles cramponned up, near the top wore my snow shoes for a while although not necessary, had lunch near the top and headed back, at the car in a little over a hour, Great day, great work out, nice change from the usually Tiger Mt hike and of course no avalanche hazard. trail-head lot is a little scary to leave the SUV, I was car prowled last year still a little gunshy

Gear Notes:

Bring it all....

Edited by Spencer

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Stanton, Ray Borbon and I had the same idea during a midweek cold snap December 2000. It was cool to hike up in the middle of the night and get a pitch or two in before heading to work, belay from solid trees. Nate Ruch and I hiked up from the other side mid winter one year (2002) freaking out some hikers who proclaimed us as reckless in our tennis shoes. Both times it was a short mixed climb. I think the whole thing is about 200 feet, and the crux is stepping out on the slab at the top. Crux, did I just say that?...BWAHAHAHAHA. Whatever, it was something to do close to home. Mclellan Butte would be interesting, but I'm not there to see it. I hear it's been puking lately. So maybe no avvie danger is the ticket.

Also been skied for a few hundred feet from the saddle during 2001-2002. Bring rock skis.

Edited by Serenity