4 climbers on chair peak Sunday 12/9?

eldiente

We came down from Chair Peak last night in poor weather. There were 2 other parties that started up at about the same time we did but we didn't see them on the top or descent. I'm a little concerned as it was dark when we hiked out and their cars were still there we left the parking lot. We left word with the night security guard at the ski resort to keep an eye out for them.

Anyone know anything about these climbers? I'd like to hear that they made it out OK. It would have been a cold night to sleep out.

-Nate

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the ice was perfect. I'm glad you guys made it down without incident. Having never done that route I didn't really want to do those raps in the dark. As it was that first rap anchor was a real pain in the ass.

Any beta on to do that first rap station? We wasted a good 30 minutes trying to figure out how we were going to reach the anchor. I couldn't make the move, so I ended up climbing around from behind and slinging a tree above the rap anchor. I suppose with more snow there is no problem reaching that anchor but a very big waste of time.

Glad everyone had fun.

-Nate

Those anchors are usually reachable, the snow pack was mighty thin. We wondered how you guys made it down. We slung a block sticking out of the snow.

haha. That's funny. You probably saw all the boot prints and wondered what the hell we were doing. Slinging the rock would have been the smart thing to do. We tried all kinds of things to reach those anchors. We even tried free climbing those moves in bare hands and a shoulder stand.