Sportiva Trango Extreme Evo Light vs. Trango S Evo

LuckyMike

Looking at both the Trango S Evo and the Extreme Evo Light for long approaches on snow and off of snow, some easy ice climbing, but mostly for long hikes/approaches 4 to 15 miles with temps from 60F down to about 25F. Which one would you choose if price was not a factor?

I was leaning toward the extreme's, mainly for versatility.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody know what the difference warmth/fit/performane wise is between the Trango Extreme EVO GTX and the Nepal Extreme EVO Goretex is? Based on my limited research, it looks the Nepal has more ankle support, but is it considerably warmer?

Edited by ericb

If you hike or climb a bunch, the Trango S will most likely wear out FAST. I burned through a pair in 11 months - not acceptable in my book. La Sportiva didn't stand behind their product either when contacted. They were the most comfortable thing I've ever owned though. I usually use a pair of Kayland Multi-Traction's right now (4 years old) and they are holding up pretty well considering. Anyway, my two cents . . .