Cheap BD Rope

TimL

Anybody know about or use the BD 9.4 70m hotline rope? On sale for $99.95. Looking to use it as a cragging and alpine rope. Also wondering is anyone has extensively used a 9.4 diameter rope, if they like it or not and what issues, goog or bad, they've had with it? I'm kinda skeptical about taking big falls on a 9.4 but if it'll hold then I have no problem with air time.

http://www.bdel.com/php/specials.php

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using this rope for a while now... bout time to retire it. It's been a great rope and will hold your falls. The weight difference compared to a fatter rope of the same length is noticable.

It's got a really soft catch and quite a bit of elongation so it's not made to toprope.

The skinny noodle effect when it stretches gets your attention but it stops you just fine.

Used it for alpine as well but the 70m length is a bit excessive for glacier travel. I also have more concerns about the skinny rope getting the chop from rock than I do a fatter rope.