Help! Need GPS advice

billcoe

Need advice: I want the best dual function GPS device for both a delivery vehical around town (voice directions) and topo maps for getting lost in the woods.

Has anyone used the Magellan CrossoverGPS?

What recommendations or ideas do you have? I need both functions to operate easily. REI Link

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a garmin etrex legend color which I like very much. No voice stuff on it but it is light, accurate, is excellent for driving directions, and does not eat batteries. I have had a few units and like this one the best. The backlit color screen is very important for easy viewing in daylight. Especially those of us with old eyes. There is a model up from the legend which is the summit which has a barometric altimeter as well as the satelite one. The screen might be a bit small for car use for some people but I find it works quite well.

Have a look at the Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx. It can display Garmin's street maps, topos or nautical charts and has turn by turn navigation. Not sure if it has a voice function.

Thanks guys:

Paul, I looked at this first and would get this one for sure if I was hiking only. The cost to get the extras to make it work for a car are too much $, and with a small screen no voice ....