Adams glacier conditions?

XXX

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the TR for the Adams North Ridge (with the pissed off looking red face) it has some good pictures of the Adams Glacier, and a post at the end with more recent photos.

I looked at those phots, it would be nice though to hear from someone who has been up there lately on the route. Im suprised there are not more TRs on it right now.

T

I was up there last weekend. It can be climbed this time of year. (Skied a different route) I was looking at it more as a skier and it would be a very difficult ski. I have a friend who has climbed it as late as late August.

I was there all weekend and did not see anyone on that side of the mountain.

I have no plan for this weekend and it is looking good.

Let me know if interested

Edited by ilookeddown

Im thinking possibly middle of july? I heard there is a bergschund at the top that can be impassable sometimes. The pics don't look to bad though.

I am suprised more people have not done it recently. Gas must be getting expensive

Edited by XXX

We climbed up a few thousand feet to check out our route. We looked at the Adams and felt we couldn’t ski it but it could be climbed. The bergschund spans the glacier. It is very, very large. Wish I would have taken some picture from higher up. If I get up there this weekend I’ll post some pictures.

Just came back from Adams Glacier attempt. My partner felt very ill so we barely made it out of camp before turning back.

The glacier is very broken up. With this weeks warm spell, this route could very well be "out" for the season. IMHO.

I will post pics of the route tomorrow when I have more time.