[TR] Ingalls Peak North Peak - S. Ridge 6/16/2007

spotly

Trip: Ingalls Peak - South Ridge

Date: 6/16/2007

Trip Report:

After being denied Colchuck and Little Annapurna last weekend, I decided to continue the trend by heading up to Ingalls Peak with Carl. Snow on the trail near Ingalls Pass then solid beyond that. The weather turned foul then even fouler (more foulish) at the top of the first pitch. We bailed then romped around the lake. At the outlet we checked out the start for a possible future traverse from East Peak to South Peak - looks like it could be a fun time. Circled around the lake then headed back to the TH.

IngallsPeak1_004.jpg

IngallsPeak1_006.jpg

IngallsPeak1_007.jpg

IngallsPeak1_008.jpg

IngallsPeak1_009.jpg

IngallsPeak1_011.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen it before a number of times, but that just looks like somebody glissaded with a bloody anus!!

Sorry about the weather. You can at least say you gave it a try and tried to defy the odds. And if it's any consolation, that peak and I have a grudge with each other due to sleep/migrane problems on a couple of attempts.

Went back again today and got to the top. Interesting rock. Surprised to have the route to ourselves on a nice Saturday. Also checked the smell of that red snow on the way down - just like ya said, watermelon!

My pouser partner, Carl on the summit:

Ingalls1.jpg

I actually didn't say hi, though I saw you guys. My rig was parked right behind that black subie in the background of your photo. And, that was a cool tent.

I was wondering where you guys were headed.

I wasn't gonna say anything about loud and obnoxious! Ha! ;-)

But I didn't ask you to be quiet!

No doubt you were wondering so as to get up a bit earlier LOL. I hadn't met these guys before yesterday but they were a hoot and I'm looking forward to getting onto some good rock routes with em. But if it's an overnighter, I think I'll find a more remote spot to car camp and bring some ear plugs. Carl and I were the older guys - need more rest :)