MontBell U.L. Thermawrap Parka

Jim_Gossett

Anyone use the Montbell Thermawrap Parka? Thinking of using it as a belay jacket or on cold summit days over my softshell during spring/summer/fall climbs. Also considering the Patagonia Micro-Puff jacket. Temp range, water resistance, durability, fit, etc...? thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up my Thermawrap parka from Pro Mountain Sports after tearing the sleeve of my down puffy, and it's all I've used since. The hood is key since it traps so much heat. Mine still looks brand new after a winter of ski touring, though I was quite careful to avoid skiing through closely spaced trees while wearing it. It is indeed Ultra Light, which also means you're sacrificing some warmth and water resistance, however the synthetic insulation makes that less of an issue. I think it's ideal for three- (or even four-) season use if you don't plan on long periods of inactivity.

OnlyForHannah.jpg

As a bonus, hot guys like the one shown at left will instantly be attracted to you!

I picked up my Thermawrap parka from Pro Mountain Sports after tearing the sleeve of my down puffy, and it's all I've used since. The hood is key since it traps so much heat. Mine still looks brand new after a winter of ski touring, though I was quite careful to avoid skiing through closely spaced trees while wearing it. It is indeed Ultra Light, which also means you're sacrificing some warmth and water resistance, however the synthetic insulation makes that less of an issue. I think it's ideal for three- (or even four-) season use if you don't plan on long periods of inactivity.

OnlyForHannah.jpg

As a bonus, hot guys like the one shown at left will instantly be attracted to you!

CUTE COUPLE! AND MATCHING COATS, NO LESS! :laf:

Also considering the Patagonia Micro-Puff jacket.

I'd give it a thumbs down on fit. I'm a pretty skinny guy and this jacket is designed to go over all your layers, so I understand it would be a little "blousey", but this thing fits like a garbage bag. The shell fabric is prone to getting snagged on stuff too. I like most patagonia stuff I've tried, but in this case I have to give a thumbs down.

It is pretty warm and has good pockets and comes with a stuff sack which is nice. I'd prefer it stuffed into one of its own pockets though so I don't have to keep track of a stuff sack.

Does the Montbell jacket do that?

I love montbell stuff.

Maybe time to upgrade.

Anybody wanna buy a MicroPuff?