• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
512dude

Infinite Bliss - another rag

Also, as a side note I just climbed Green Giant Buttress last weekend and found the climbing very similar to Infinite Bliss. Lots of bolted slab. How come nobody complains about that wall?

Because it's not in the alpine lakes wilderness?

Also I believe more traditional ethics were applied when establishing routes GGB. Meaning mainly ground up (though others know the history far better than I do, it just my impression of the area). When gear could be placed, bolts were not installed. Also the bolts are reasonably placed far enough to have a little pucker factor in some places, but still very safe routes.

I like bolts that have that pucker factor getting to them. Nice solid bolts but still exciting to get to. I might give some bonus points to those placed on lead, but in the end I'm just fine with those placed on rap.

Bolts right next to cracks do piss me off.

I think you hit it straight on as We had the same experience. Issues aside, great climb! Hope the manics leave it alone and dont flatten hangers as nobody wins that game.

Also, as a side note I just climbed Green Giant Buttress last weekend and found the climbing very similar to Infinite Bliss. Lots of bolted slab. How come nobody complains about that wall?

If you had climbed Giant Tears or Dreamer, you would not have found many bolts and the climbing spectacular. Duane (crazy mutha) was bold to put that thing up on lead! The other routes were created (Safe Sex) many years later.

:yoda: