Infinite Bliss - another rag

512dude

Also, as a side note I just climbed Green Giant Buttress last weekend and found the climbing very similar to Infinite Bliss. Lots of bolted slab. How come nobody complains about that wall?

Because it's not in the alpine lakes wilderness?

Also I believe more traditional ethics were applied when establishing routes GGB. Meaning mainly ground up (though others know the history far better than I do, it just my impression of the area). When gear could be placed, bolts were not installed. Also the bolts are reasonably placed far enough to have a little pucker factor in some places, but still very safe routes.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like bolts that have that pucker factor getting to them. Nice solid bolts but still exciting to get to. I might give some bonus points to those placed on lead, but in the end I'm just fine with those placed on rap.

Bolts right next to cracks do piss me off.

Also, as a side note I just climbed Green Giant Buttress last weekend and found the climbing very similar to Infinite Bliss. Lots of bolted slab. How come nobody complains about that wall?

If you had climbed Giant Tears or Dreamer, you would not have found many bolts and the climbing spectacular. Duane (crazy mutha) was bold to put that thing up on lead! The other routes were created (Safe Sex) many years later.

:yoda: