Palouse area gathering/Pub Club

kurthicks

I'd like to get the Palouse area climbers together for a "meeting of the minds" this month. In particular would be discussions about bolting more lead routes at Granite Point, anchors on the Snake River basalt & the Lewiston Columns, and drinking some beer along the river.

PM me or post about when/where to make this happen. I'm open.

Kurt

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

May 5th. This Saturday afternoon. Granite Point. We'll be starting at 1PM, going until the evening. We will be replacing top rope anchors.

So feel free to come hang out, climb, chip in a few bucks for anchors (or bring some good bolts/hangers), spray, BBQ (if someone brings one, I'm game), whatever...

see you there!

Edited by kurthicks

We replaced about 8 TR bolts (some of the old bolts didn't get removed today, so if I don't get to it before I leave please do it properly)--we replaced 5.5 crack(1), steep face(1), subterfuge(2), and a few off on the right side. we also bolted 3 lead routes (some were rebolted after having been chopped long ago) -- subterfuge(3), Razorblades(4), and the 5.7 face/slab(3) on the right end. all are 3/8 x 3" bomber bolts. I also bolted a lead route to the right of Rotten Crack last week; it goes around 5.10a-b from what the going consensus is.

thanks mtnmouse for coming out! nice to meet you.

Kurt

Great to meet you Kurt. Your efforts at granite are really appreciated--it's a great training area. Like I said, I haven't been there for three years, the climbers I used to go with are so old their walkers get in the way of their belaying. Maybe I need to meet up with Chaps! I will make an effort to climb there more often. Nice to meet the other folks too, a couple of them looked like spiders on the wall.

Thanks, sean