midweek climbing in Spokompton

NYC007

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could hook up occassionally for some trad. I'm only leading easily protected moderates right now though. Still, if you have some more difficult stuff you're interested in, I can belay and follow. Couldn't go on a regular schedule cause already doing too many days per week (according to my spousal unit). I'm off at 3 daily.

c'mon spokane where ya at?

Hey NYC :wave: Just head out to the local crag and show up there on your own.

Before the advent of climbing discussion boards (in the old days), Spokane-area climbers used to just show up at Minne and find partners that way. It's still the best way. I've been out there a few late afternoons so far this spring, and there've been several groups of climbers. Most are pretty social and would be glad to share a rope or a belay, including learn or be pushed a bit by a climber such as yourself.

For quite a few years, especially in the late 80s, the varied group of folks that hung out there were pretty tight. Back then and up through the early 90s, I'd show up most weekday evenings. Finding partners was usually not a problem, even with less climbers back then. If I didn't find or didn't want a partner, I'd boulder or rope-solo.

I'm sure Post Falls/Q'emiln will have a similar scene as Minne nowadays.

It can't hurt either to twist Bigbro's arm. I'm also sending you a PM for another possible partner who would swap leads with you. [edited to add: yeah, spotly would be a good podner too]

Good luck.

Edited by pindude

thanks steve, I have done that and sometimes it works but not all climbers are welcoming. Spotly I am not looking to get out and lead all hard stuff, I just prefer to lead it if in my ability over TRing. feel free to PM me when ever, unless I have a test I am always willing to climb sport/trad.