CLOG CAMS?

Bronco

While hard at work one day I stumbled on these inexpensive cams:

http://rei-outlet.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=9358181&prmenbr=8000

They appear ok for a newbie to start adding a set of cams to his rack but, I noticed the website is closing out a lot of CLOG brand stuff.

Anybody have experience with these cams or CLOG gear in general that can give me some feedback/advise?

PS: Don't bother flaming me for being cheap, I already know it and don't care rolleyes.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Clog is a pretty popular brand of gear in the UK. It is their "price point" (read: cheap but serviceable) in the British and European market. I would think of it a lot like Omega Pacific. Their products are not flashy, not the lightest, nor the most refined. They are however functional, (usually) pretty durable and a good value when you consider how much they cost.

If you were a gear snob, you would turn your nose and run to get the shiniest BD Camalot made; if you are frugal you would whip out your REI Visa card and order the whole set. If you are pretentious enough to use Petzl gear, you need therapy.

Happy Wednesday everybody

------------------

Put a high price on your own head, or rest assured, no one else will.