Toys for nerds

archenemy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be able to keep up w/ the latest technologies. Now I'm just baffled. Could you possibly explain what they are?

Fun.

The focus is actually on the development in the area of new user interfaces. The objects themeselves are secondary to this concern. I look at it that way b/c I figure folks have not yet had the time or backing to implement these types of technologies in practical settings yet. But their time will come! There was a day when people thought the technology for HUDs was weird or useless; now, FireDepts talk about having these displays in thier trucks to help navigate and how incredibly helpful it is.

Love this stuff!

The concept of Open Source does rule. My experience with most of the smaller (and some of the larger) projects is that they're poorly documented and totally broken out-of-the-box. So when I find something that breaks that expectation it's pretty exciting.

Yes, the documentation sucks. Best bet is to go with something that has some history and a Manning (or other good book) available. Of course the book will be out of date, and you have to google and do some trial and error to resolve issues.

Infinitely better options than .NET...